Dear ASTCT Members,
As we navigate through November, I am inspired to reflect on the profound spirit of generosity that defines our community. In a world where time is a precious commodity, we find ourselves surrounded by individuals dedicated to giving of their time in ways both small and monumental.
This month, our attention turns to the invaluable contributions of our volunteer leaders. ASTCT recently held its Call for Volunteers. We received a number of applications from individuals eager to give of their time, to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Also this month, we had our open Board of Directors ballots. Thank you for voting and choosing the leaders of ASTCT. In the spirit of giving, let us remember the importance of giving your time to vote. Taking a moment to cast your vote was a powerful way to contribute to the leadership and direction of our organization.
In this time of reflection, we are reminded that the strength of our society lies in the incredible work and accomplishments of our committees.
To name just a few:
- The Committee on Cellular Therapy initiated four working groups and published three manuscripts.
- The Committee on Content assisted with creating 16 ASTCT Talks podcast episodes and the CAR T Webinar Infographic series, contributing valuable content.
- The Committee on Diversity and Inclusion maintained a robust awards pipeline and planned a reception at the 2023 Tandem Meetings.
- The Committee on Education expanded knowledge-sharing platforms and led efforts for ASTCT Spotlight Sessions at the 2023 Tandem Meetings.
- The Committee on Government Relations advocated for our community on critical issues.
- The Committee on Informatics collaborated with CIBMTR and launched a guideline project for system adoption.
You can click here to see even more accomplishments from our volunteer groups this year. Their achievements underscore the commitment and collaborative efforts of our committees, shaping the direction and impact of ASTCT. We are grateful for their time and dedication.
In the past months, we have seen a whirlwind of activity, from the AcCELLerate Forum to Clinical Education Conference (CEC) and the ASTCT/EBMT 6th International Conference on Relapse After Transplant. These incredible events were made possible by the collaborative efforts of our volunteers, supported by our dedicated staff.
While much of the world approaches a season known for giving, it's important to recognize that within the ASTCT community, giving is a daily practice. It is woven into our organization, evident in the commitment of our volunteers, committees, and task forces.
As we navigate this important time for ASTCT, with positions open on the Board of Directors and applications being accepted for various committees, let us express our gratitude to those who give so that we can give every day. Your contributions, big and small, collectively shape the present and future of our society.
Thank you for embodying the spirit of giving, for your dedication to ASTCT, and for making a lasting impact on the lives of those we serve.
Dr. Miguel-Angel Perales