Colleagues and Friends,
Last month I shared with you that, as a native of Liverpool, England, I was born to be a Beatles fan. This month got me thinking about another song, “I’ve Got a Feeling.” The title has been running through my mind as I think about this pivotal moment we are in – a moment of transition, yes, but also a moment when we have so many things to look forward to.
This month marks the half-way point of the year. On June 30, ASTCT held a town hall to share all our accomplishments so far with our community. Here are just some of the exciting highlights we shared:
- ASTCT gained more than 400 new members in 2021
- We expanded our international joint memberships with APBMT, SBTMO and ANZTCT
- As part of our diversity and inclusion initiative, we updated our member profiles to allow for better understanding of the needs within the ASTCT community
- Since launching our Giving Campaign in 2019, we’ve raised nearly $45,000 to support the important work of our up-and-coming researchers
- Our Practice Guidelines app has been downloaded over to 10,167 times from 85 different countries
As we celebrate our successes, we can look ahead to so much more to come.
Our Tandem Meetings | Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meetings of ASTCT and CIBMTR will return to an in-person event next year. We look forward to bringing our community together in February to benefit from the latest scientific updates, new technologies, and innovative products to help healthcare professionals save and improve the lives of patients with blood-related disorders. In the meantime, keep an eye open for our call for abstracts, which opens in August.
Speaking of in-person events, our Clinical Research Training Course kicks off July 14 in-person in Park City, Utah. This event marks the official return of live events for ASTCT. Congratulations to all the scholars accepted into the program this year. We’re excited to see what’s next for each of your careers.
We can also look forward to:
- ASTCT developing a Clinical Immersion Course for Industry
- The launch of our Talent Acquisition Task Force
- A year-long program to develop the next generation of leaders in the field starting this November
- FASTCT applications opening soon!
We have accomplished so much together in just six months, and we have so much to be proud of. But let’s not forget about what’s ahead. I, for one, have got a feeling the best is yet to come.
Stella Davies, MBBS, PhD